Berkshire reports 17 pct stake in Media General
Sept 24 (Reuters) - Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc reported that it owns a 17 percent stake in U.S. broadcaster and publisher Media General, as the conglomerate continues to boost its investment in the newspaper industry.
Berkshire exercised its warrants in Media General to buy 4.65 million shares, the company said in a regulatory filing on Monday.
Berkshire bought the warrants in May as part of a deal to take a majority of Media General's newspapers for $142 million in cash.
Media General shares closed flat at $5.07 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad