Brazil's Equatorial Energia to buy power distributor Celpa
SAO PAULO, Sept 25
SAO PAULO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Brazilian utility Equatorial Energia agreed to purchase bankrupt Brazilian power distributor Celpa, according to a securities filing on Tuesday.
Equatorial purchased the firm from parent company Grupo Rede Energia for 1 real, receiving 39.1 million shares of Celpa in exchange, according to the filing.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |