REG - British Am. Tobacco - Transaction in Own Shares
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
British American Tobacco p.l.c. (the "Company") announces that in accordance with the authority granted by shareholders at the Company's Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2012 it purchased 175,000 of its ordinary shares of 25 pence each ("shares") on 25 September 2012. The average price was 3,202.8125p per share.
The highest price paid was 3,210p per share and the lowest price paid was 3,192.5p per share.
The Company intends to hold these shares in Treasury.
Following the purchase of these shares, the Company holds 86,898,325 of its shares in Treasury. The Company has 1,939,358,621 ordinary shares in issue (excluding Treasury shares).
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification:
B M Creegan
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
25 September 2012
This information is provided by RNS
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |