REG - Rentokil Initial PLC - Acquisition
25 September 2012
Rentokil Initial acquires the assets of Western Exterminator Company
Rentokil Initial plc ("Rentokil") (LSE: RTO) today announces that it has agreed to acquire the assets of Western Exterminator Company ("Western"), a leading pest control company on the US West Coast, for an initial cash consideration of $99.6m, with a deferred consideration of up to $15.0m payable within 18 months, from existing financial facilities.
Rentokil will become the third largest pest control company in the North American market with pro-forma annualised revenues of $330m in pest control services (with coast to coast coverage) and $90m in speciality chemical products distribution.
Western has two divisions:
· The Pest Control division has 36 offices located primarily in California and the adjacent states of Arizona and Nevada. It provides Rentokil with an entrance into these states with a population of 46m people.
· The Products division is a leading wholesale distributor of specialty chemicals serving the West Coast and central regions of the US, providing products and supplies to the pest control, landscape, golf course and nursery industries. This division complements our existing specialty chemical products division which serves the East Coast of the US.
The acquisition is consistent with Rentokil's strategy, outlined in November 2011, of targeting pest control acquisitions in North America, Latin America and the Middle East.
The total book value of the gross assets to be acquired is $36.7m. In the year to 31 December 2011 the business acquired generated EBITA of $4.1m on revenues of approximately $149.0m (60% Pest Control: 40% Products).
The deferred consideration will be payable subject to certain working capital and other adjustments, including warranty and/or indemnity claims.
The acquisition is expected to complete later this year subject to receipt of the relevant regulatory clearances. The transaction will be EPS accretive in year one. The profitability of Western will be improved significantly by leveraging Rentokil's commercial and operational management capabilities to bring Western's operating margins into line with Rentokil's current North American Pest Control business.
Alan Brown, Chief Executive of Rentokil Initial plc, said:
"This acquisition significantly increases Rentokil's footprint in the World's largest pest control market and enables us to compete more effectively, particularly for customers looking for nationwide coverage in pest control or specialty chemical distribution capability.
"Western has service and quality levels that are among the best in the industry. It is rightly proud of its 90-year tradition and reputation.
"We have taken our US Pest Control and Products business from revenue of less than $30million to $420million through a series of successful acquisitions, most notably JC Ehrlich, Presto-X and now Western over the last seven years."
Note: A presentation with additional information about Western Exterminator can be found at www.rentokil-initial.com/investors/presentations
About Rentokil Initial plc
Rentokil Initial is one of the largest business services companies in the world, operating in all the major economies of Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Africa. The Company has some 66,000 employees providing a range of support services in over 60 countries.
Investors / Analysts enquiries:
Katharine Rycroft, Head of Investor Relations Rentokil Initial plc 01293 858 166
Malcolm Padley, Corporate Communications Rentokil Initial plc 07788 978 199
Kate Holgate/ Catriona McDermott Brunswick Group 020 7404 5959
This information is provided by RNS
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand