Poland - Factors to Watch on Sept 25
Here are news stories, press reports and events to watch, which may affect Poland's financial markets on Tuesday. ALL TIMES GMT (Poland: GMT + 2 hours):
Poland's richest man Jan Kulczyk would be interested in bidding for state-controlled utilities Enea and Energa once they are put up for sale, the head of his investment vehicle tells Rzeczpospolita.
The sale of the lender has attracted a host of private equity funds such as Blackstone, CVC Capital, Warburg Pincus and Apax Partners, which is cooperating with insurer PZU, writes Puls Biznesu.
RETAIL SALES, UNEMPLOYMENT
The statistics office will publish retail sales and unemployment data for August. Analyst expect sales to rise 5.9 percent and the jobless rate at 12.3 percent.
State railways PKP returns to wider talks with GTS, Netia , and Hawe for further talks on the sale of its phone operator TK Telekom after failing to reach a deal with Hawe.
Polish steel product maker agrees to buy a majority stake in zinc and lead producer Boleslaw, in a move that will help top global steelmaker ArcelorMittal secure zinc supplies in Europe.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |