Lundin Mining not to buy copper mine in Spain
Sept 25 (Reuters) - Lundin Mining Corp said it will not exercise its option to buy a stake in the Touro copper mine in northern Spain as it sees insufficient returns from the project.
The base metals miner signed an agreement in April for an option to buy an 80 percent stake in the copper project for 60 million euros ($77.49 million) by Oct. 1.
Shares of Lundin closed at C$4.96 on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet