Sappi to retool German mill for coated paper
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 25
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 25 (Reuters) - South African paper maker Sappi said on Tuesday it would retool its Alfeld Mill in Germany to focus exclusively on the fast-growing market for one-sided coated paper used for packaging and labels.
The company said in a statement it saw strong growth and improved margins in the market and the project would take 12 months. It did not provide a cost estimate but said the mill would become the world's largest and lowest-cost producer of such paper. (Reporting by Ed Stoddard; editing by David Dolan)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking