Sappi to retool German mill for coated paper
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 25
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 25 (Reuters) - South African paper maker Sappi said on Tuesday it would retool its Alfeld Mill in Germany to focus exclusively on the fast-growing market for one-sided coated paper used for packaging and labels.
The company said in a statement it saw strong growth and improved margins in the market and the project would take 12 months. It did not provide a cost estimate but said the mill would become the world's largest and lowest-cost producer of such paper. (Reporting by Ed Stoddard; editing by David Dolan)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote