India's United Spirits says in talks with Diageo for stake sale
Sept 25 (Reuters) - United Spirits, controlled by Indian liquor baron Vijay Mallya, said on Tuesday it is in talks with Diageo Plc towards a possible sale of a stake in the company.
"However, there is no certainty that these discussions will lead to a transaction," United Spirits said in a statement to India's stock exchanges.
Mallya also controlls debt- and cash-strapped Kingfisher Airlines, which has been scrambling to raise capital.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |