China tells Japan disputed islands "sacred Chinese territory"
BEIJING, Sept 26
BEIJING, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi stressed his country's claim to disputed islands with his Japanese counterpart, Koichiro Gemba, in New York on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.
Xinhua's brief report said Yang reiterated China's "solemn position on the issue of Diaoyu Islands, which have been China's sacred territory since ancient times".
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat