REG - British Am. Tobacco - Transaction in Own Shares
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
British American Tobacco p.l.c. (the "Company") announces that in accordance with the authority granted by shareholders at the Company's Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2012 it purchased 180,000 of its ordinary shares of 25 pence each ("shares") on 26 September 2012. The average price was 3,210.4208p per share.
The highest price paid was 3,221.5p per share and the lowest price paid was 3,186p per share.
The Company intends to hold these shares in Treasury.
Following the purchase of these shares, the Company holds 87,078,325
of its shares in Treasury. The Company has 1,939,178,621 ordinary shares in issue (excluding Treasury shares).
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification:
G C W Cunnington
Deputy Company Secretary
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
26 September 2012
This information is provided by RNS
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |