US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-European woes drag Wall St lower
NEW YORK, Sept 26
NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday as protests in Spain and Greece over euro zone austerity measures raised fresh concerns over Europe's ability to get its debt crisis under control.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 43.96 points, or 0.33 percent, to 13,413.59. The S&P 500 dropped 8.26 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,433.33. The Nasdaq Composite lost 24.03 points, or 0.77 percent, to 3,093.70.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |