Valero: planned work on Pembroke crude unit under way
NEW YORK, Sept 26
NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp said on Wednesday planned work on the crude unit at its 270,000-barrels-per-day Pembroke refinery in Britain was under way.
The other units at the plant were being idled even though the crude unit was the only one being worked on, a company spokesman said. Earlier this year, the company said it planned an eight-week turnaround at the refinery, beginning in October.
Valero bought the refinery in 2011 from Chevron Corp .
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport