Valero: planned work on Pembroke crude unit under way
NEW YORK, Sept 26
NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp said on Wednesday planned work on the crude unit at its 270,000-barrels-per-day Pembroke refinery in Britain was under way.
The other units at the plant were being idled even though the crude unit was the only one being worked on, a company spokesman said. Earlier this year, the company said it planned an eight-week turnaround at the refinery, beginning in October.
Valero bought the refinery in 2011 from Chevron Corp .
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command