Brazil central bank chops 2012 GDP growth view to 1.6 percent
BRASILIA, Sept 27
BRASILIA, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Brazil's central bank lowered its 2012 economic growth forecast to 1.6 percent from 2.5 percent previously, the bank's latest quarterly inflation report showed on Thursday.
The bank raised its 2012 inflation forecast to 5.2 percent from 4.7 percent previously, but lowered its estimate for 2013 inflation to 4.9 percent from 5.0 percent previously.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone