REG - British Am. Tobacco - Transaction in Own Shares
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
British American Tobacco p.l.c. (the "Company") announces that in accordance with the authority granted by shareholders at the Company's Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2012 it purchased 180,000 of its ordinary shares of 25 pence each ("shares") on 27 September 2012. The average price was 3,204.6246p per share.
The highest price paid was 3,210p per share and the lowest price paid was 3,197p per share.
The Company intends to hold these shares in Treasury.
Following the purchase of these shares, the Company holds 87,258,325
of its shares in Treasury. The Company has 1,938,998,621 ordinary shares in issue (excluding Treasury shares).
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification:
G C W Cunnington
Deputy Company Secretary
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
27 September 2012
This information is provided by RNS
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message