Asia Crude-India HPCL buys 2 mln bbls Qua Iboe for Nov
NEW DELHI, Sept 27
NEW DELHI, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Indian state-run refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd has bought 2 million barrels of Nigerian Qua Iboe via a tender for lifting in November, its first purchase of oil in a very large crude carrier (VLCC), a source privy to the deal said.
HPCL has so far been buying crude in Suezmax vessels.
The refiner has bought the crude from trader Glencore at a premium of $2.60 to $2.80 a barrel over the dated Brent price for processing at its 166,000 barrels per day (bpd) Vizag refinery in southern India, the source said.
HPCL also operates a 130,000 bpd plant in Mumbai and has a stake in the 180,000 bpd Bhatinda refinery in the northern state of Punjab.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule