Amplats says taking action against S.Africa strikers
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 27
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The world's top platinum producer, Anglo American Platinum, has started disciplinary action, including possible dismissal, against workers taking part in an illegal strike, the company said on Thursday.
It also said in a statement that attendance at its four Rustenburg mines remained below 20 percent despite company threats to initiate action against strikers.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin