Amplats says taking action against S.Africa strikers
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 27
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The world's top platinum producer, Anglo American Platinum, has started disciplinary action, including possible dismissal, against workers taking part in an illegal strike, the company said on Thursday.
It also said in a statement that attendance at its four Rustenburg mines remained below 20 percent despite company threats to initiate action against strikers.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting