Amplats says taking action against S.Africa strikers
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 27
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The world's top platinum producer, Anglo American Platinum, has started disciplinary action, including possible dismissal, against workers taking part in an illegal strike, the company said on Thursday.
It also said in a statement that attendance at its four Rustenburg mines remained below 20 percent despite company threats to initiate action against strikers.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped