Tempur-Pedic to acquire rival Sealy Corp
Sept 27 (Reuters) - Tempur-Pedic International Inc said it will acquire rival mattress maker Sealy Corporation for about $242 million and assume about $750 million in debt.
Tempur-Pedic will acquire all of the outstanding common stock of Sealy for $2.20 per share, a 3 percent premium to Sealy's Wednesday close.
The transaction has been approved by the boards of directors of both companies.
Tempur-Pedic said it had received consent from shareholderss holding about 51 percent of Sealy's stock. It said no other shareholder approvals are required to complete the deal.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports