STXNEWS LATAM-GP Investments to buy 2,000 Brazil cell towers for $250 mln-filing
GP Investments, the largest Latin American private-equity firm, agreed to buy on Thursday 2,000 cell towers from an unnamed Brazilian wireless phone carrier for about 503 million reais ($250 million). Part of the money for the acquisition will come from GP Investment's GP Capital Partners V, with a firm commitment between $90 million and $164 million.
The transaction will allow GP to create Brazil's largest operator of cell towers - where antennas and electronic communications equipment are placed, the firm said in a securities filing.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad