STXNEWS LATAM-GP Investments to buy 2,000 Brazil cell towers for $250 mln-filing
GP Investments, the largest Latin American private-equity firm, agreed to buy on Thursday 2,000 cell towers from an unnamed Brazilian wireless phone carrier for about 503 million reais ($250 million). Part of the money for the acquisition will come from GP Investment's GP Capital Partners V, with a firm commitment between $90 million and $164 million.
The transaction will allow GP to create Brazil's largest operator of cell towers - where antennas and electronic communications equipment are placed, the firm said in a securities filing.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter