Spain's Castilla La Mancha to seek 800 mln eur aid - sources
MADRID, Sept 27
MADRID, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Spain's indebted Castilla La Mancha region may seek 800 million euros ($1.03 billion) in emergency funding from the central government, regional and party sources said on Thursday.
If Castilla La Mancha makes an official request for aid, it would be the fifth Spanish region to tap an 18-billion-euro mechanism set up by the central government to ease funding problems in Spain's 17 autonomous communities.
Catalonia, Valencia, Murcia and Andalucia have already said they would seek aid.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |