Spain's Castilla La Mancha to seek 800 mln eur aid - sources
MADRID, Sept 27
MADRID, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Spain's indebted Castilla La Mancha region may seek 800 million euros ($1.03 billion) in emergency funding from the central government, regional and party sources said on Thursday.
If Castilla La Mancha makes an official request for aid, it would be the fifth Spanish region to tap an 18-billion-euro mechanism set up by the central government to ease funding problems in Spain's 17 autonomous communities.
Catalonia, Valencia, Murcia and Andalucia have already said they would seek aid.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |