Spain's Castilla La Mancha to seek 800 mln eur aid - sources
MADRID, Sept 27
MADRID, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Spain's indebted Castilla La Mancha region may seek 800 million euros ($1.03 billion) in emergency funding from the central government, regional and party sources said on Thursday.
If Castilla La Mancha makes an official request for aid, it would be the fifth Spanish region to tap an 18-billion-euro mechanism set up by the central government to ease funding problems in Spain's 17 autonomous communities.
Catalonia, Valencia, Murcia and Andalucia have already said they would seek aid.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted