Brazil central bank chops 2012 GDP growth view to 1.6 percent
BRASILIA (Reuters) - Brazil's central bank lowered its 2012 economic growth forecast to 1.6 percent from 2.5 percent previously, the bank's latest quarterly inflation report showed on Thursday.
The bank raised its 2012 inflation forecast to 5.2 percent from 4.7 percent previously, but lowered its estimate for 2013 inflation to 4.9 percent from 5.0 percent previously.
(Reporting by Silvio Cascione; Writing by Alonso Soto Editing by W Simon)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |