- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
ECB's Draghi to meet German lawmakers on October 24: Bundestag
BERLIN (Reuters) - European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will visit Germany's Bundestag lower house of parliament for talks with lawmakers on the euro zone debt crisis, the Bundestag said on Thursday.
"(The visit) lends itself to talks with the Budget Committee, the European Committee and the Financial Affairs Committee," said Bundestag President Norbert Lammert in a statement.
Many German lawmakers have major reservations about the ECB's plans to buy bonds from heavily indebted euro zone states to help lower their borrowing costs, although Chancellor Angela Merkel has made clear she supports the program.
(Writing by Madeline Chambers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this