ECB's Draghi to meet German lawmakers on October 24: Bundestag
BERLIN (Reuters) - European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will visit Germany's Bundestag lower house of parliament for talks with lawmakers on the euro zone debt crisis, the Bundestag said on Thursday.
"(The visit) lends itself to talks with the Budget Committee, the European Committee and the Financial Affairs Committee," said Bundestag President Norbert Lammert in a statement.
Many German lawmakers have major reservations about the ECB's plans to buy bonds from heavily indebted euro zone states to help lower their borrowing costs, although Chancellor Angela Merkel has made clear she supports the program.
(Writing by Madeline Chambers)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |