MUFG approves fresh loans to Sharp: source
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sharp Corp's creditor Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group agreed to a plan to extend the cash-strapped display maker a total 210 billion yen ($2.7 billion) of fresh financing, a source briefed on the matter said on Thursday.
Mizuho Financial Group, which approved the plan earlier, and MUFG will share the 210 billion yen loans, which come on top of 150 billion yen of loans extended to Sharp in August.
($1 = 77.7800 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Taro Fuse; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers