Brazil cbank says sees public debt at 34.8 pct of GDP in 2012
BRASILIA, Sept 28
BRASILIA, Sept 28 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank expects the country's public sector debt to equal 34.8 percent of the economy in 2012, the bank's head of research Tulio Maciel said on Friday.
He added that the bank expects the overall budget deficit to equal 1.6 percent of the economy this year, up from a previous estimate of 1.4 percent.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials