Colombia holds interest rate at 4.75 percent, as expected
BOGOTA, Sept 28
BOGOTA, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Colombia's central bank held its benchmark interest rate steady on Friday as expected after above forecast second quarter growth gave the authority room to pause rate cuts.
Faster growth in Latin America's fourth-biggest economy led the bank to keep its overnight lending rate at 4.75 percent after two straight cuts to protect Colombia from a slide in overseas demand.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Malaysia signals missing plane has crashed; probes false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port