- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
France's 2013 budget hikes taxes on companies, rich
PARIS (Reuters) - France's draft 2013 budget imposed a total of roughly 20 billion euros in new taxes on large companies and wealthy households, including hikes in taxation on dividend income and reductions in the tax deductibility of interest payments.
The budget, approved by France's cabinet on Friday, said that the creation of a new 75 percent tax on millionaires and higher marginal tax rates on high earners would raise some 530 million euros next year.
The lowering of the threshold for wealth tax on individuals would raise a further 1 billion euros.
(Reporting By Daniel Flynn; Editing by Catherine Bremer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this