UPDATE 1-Whirpool and LG settle refrigerator disputes
Sept 28 (Reuters) - Whirlpool Corp, the world's largest appliance maker, and LG Electronics Inc settled three pending patent infringement lawsuits involving refrigerators, the companies said on Friday.
Terms of the settlement are confidential and the companies did not disclose details about the patents.
The companies had been battling over such issues as patents for ice storage bins in some refrigerators.
The agreement ends "years of patent litigation between LG and Whirlpool" and will result in "the dismissal of three pending patent infringement lawsuits involving several LG and Whirlpool patents" in the U.S. district courts in Delaware and New Jersey, the companies said in a statement.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |