Swimming great Phelps to play at Dunhill pro-am
LONDON (Reuters) - American swimmer Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian with 22 medals including 18 golds, will join Oscar Pistorius at next week's Dunhill Links pro-am golf event in Scotland.
Phelps retired after the London Olympics last month and has teamed up with 14-times major winner Tiger Woods's former coach Hank Haney for a golf reality TV show having taken up the game in 2008 following his eight-gold effort in China.
A statement from organizers said Pistorius, the first double amputee to feature in an Olympics when he raced in London, will also be present at the $5 million tournament that will have 10 major winners in the field. (Writing by Tom Pilcher, Edited by Mark Meadows)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls