Swimming great Phelps to play at Dunhill pro-am
LONDON (Reuters) - American swimmer Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian with 22 medals including 18 golds, will join Oscar Pistorius at next week's Dunhill Links pro-am golf event in Scotland.
Phelps retired after the London Olympics last month and has teamed up with 14-times major winner Tiger Woods's former coach Hank Haney for a golf reality TV show having taken up the game in 2008 following his eight-gold effort in China.
A statement from organizers said Pistorius, the first double amputee to feature in an Olympics when he raced in London, will also be present at the $5 million tournament that will have 10 major winners in the field. (Writing by Tom Pilcher, Edited by Mark Meadows)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76