7.4 magnitude earthquake in southwestern Colombia-USGS
WASHINGTON, Sept 30
WASHINGTON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - A 7.4-magnitude earthquake hit southwestern Colombia on Sunday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 28 miles (45 km) south of Popayan, Colombia, close to the Ecuador border. The initial magnitude was reported to be 7.3. (Writing by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Bill Trott)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East