Two Kenyan police officers shot dead near Somalia border
GARISSA, Kenya (Reuters) - Two Kenyan police officers were shot dead and their rifles stolen on Sunday in the northern town of Garissa near the border with Somalia, police said.
The killings came hours after a nine-year-old boy was killed in the capital Nairobi by a grenade attack on a church by suspected sympathizers of Somali al Shabaab rebels and days after Kenyan troops led an offensive against the insurgents in their last stronghold in Somalia.
(Reporting by Abdisalan Mohamed; Writing by Duncan Miriri; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more