BRIEF-Aldi targets 500 UK stores by end 2013
LONDON Oct 1 (Reuters) - Aldi * Aldi FY 2011 profit after tax 57.8 million stg versus loss of 56.0 million
stg * Aldi FY 2011 turnover 2.76 billion stg versus 2.14 billion stg * Aldi says to invest 181 million stg opening 40 new stores by end of 2013,
taking UK total to over 500 * Aldi says tracking similar growth in 2012 in terms of sales volumes,
turnover, store footfall
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'