DSV to buy Dubai-based Swift Freight
COPENHAGEN Oct 1 (Reuters) - Danish freight forwarder DSV has agreed to buy Dubai-based Swift Freight, it said on Monday, with the aim of expanding in the Middle East and Africa.
Swift generated revenue of about $70 million in the last 12 months and has 400 employees, DSV said in a statement, which did not disclose the purchase price.
The purchase agreement includes full ownership of the companies in the United Arab Emirates, China and India and initially a 33 percent share of the companies in Africa, DSV said, adding it expected to obtain full ownership of the African entities in the future. (Reporting by Mette Fraende; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse