SBA Communications Corporation Completes Acquisition of TowerCo
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SBA Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:SBAC) ("SBA") announced today that SBA, through its wholly-owned subsidiary SBA 2012 Acquisition, LLC, has completed its acquisition of TowerCo II Holdings LLC, which owns 3,256 tower sites in 47 states across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. As consideration for the acquisition, SBA paid $1.2 billion in cash and issued 4.6 million shares of its Class A common stock.
About SBA Communications Corporation
SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North and Central America. By "Building Better Wireless," SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. SBA's primary focus is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. For more information please visit: www.sbasite.com.
CONTACT: Mark DeRussy, CFA Capital Markets 561-226-9531 Lynne Hopkins Media Relations 561-226-9431
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South