Atlatsa says illegal strike at S.Africa platinum mine
JOHANNESBURG Oct 1 (Reuters) - Atlatsa Resources said on Monday workers have gone on an illegal strike at its Bokoni platinum mine in South Africa, the latest in a wave of wildcat walk-outs hitting the country's mining sector.
Bokoni is a joint venture with Anglo American Platinum , the world's top producer of the precious metal, which is already grappling with illegal strikes at four of its South African mines.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media