Atlatsa says illegal strike at S.Africa platinum mine
JOHANNESBURG Oct 1 (Reuters) - Atlatsa Resources said on Monday workers have gone on an illegal strike at its Bokoni platinum mine in South Africa, the latest in a wave of wildcat walk-outs hitting the country's mining sector.
Bokoni is a joint venture with Anglo American Platinum , the world's top producer of the precious metal, which is already grappling with illegal strikes at four of its South African mines.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident