Atlatsa says illegal strike at S.Africa platinum mine
JOHANNESBURG Oct 1 (Reuters) - Atlatsa Resources said on Monday workers have gone on an illegal strike at its Bokoni platinum mine in South Africa, the latest in a wave of wildcat walk-outs hitting the country's mining sector.
Bokoni is a joint venture with Anglo American Platinum , the world's top producer of the precious metal, which is already grappling with illegal strikes at four of its South African mines.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions