Undersea 6.2 magnitude quake strikes off northeast Japan
SYDNEY (Reuters) - A 6.2 magnitude earthquake struck off the northeastern coast of Japan on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 96 km (60 miles) east-northeast off Miyako at a depth of 9.7 km (6.0 miles).
The was no immediate tsunami warning issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |