Undersea 6.2 magnitude quake strikes off northeast Japan
SYDNEY (Reuters) - A 6.2 magnitude earthquake struck off the northeastern coast of Japan on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 96 km (60 miles) east-northeast off Miyako at a depth of 9.7 km (6.0 miles).
The was no immediate tsunami warning issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |