Undersea 6.2 magnitude quake strikes off northeast Japan
SYDNEY (Reuters) - A 6.2 magnitude earthquake struck off the northeastern coast of Japan on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 96 km (60 miles) east-northeast off Miyako at a depth of 9.7 km (6.0 miles).
The was no immediate tsunami warning issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |