EU's Rehn: Spain's 2012 deficit target achievable
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's 2012 deficit target of 6.3 percent is within reach, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Monday.
Speaking in Madrid after a meeting with Spanish Economy Minister Luis de Guindos, Rehn said European aid to Spanish banks could be treated as a one-off so that it would not affect the country's structural deficit.
Treasury Minister Cristobal Montoro said on Saturday that including bank aid Spain's deficit could reach 7.4 percent.
(Reporting By Sarah Morris; Writing by Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Nigel Davies)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video