EU's Rehn: Spain's 2012 deficit target achievable
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's 2012 deficit target of 6.3 percent is within reach, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Monday.
Speaking in Madrid after a meeting with Spanish Economy Minister Luis de Guindos, Rehn said European aid to Spanish banks could be treated as a one-off so that it would not affect the country's structural deficit.
Treasury Minister Cristobal Montoro said on Saturday that including bank aid Spain's deficit could reach 7.4 percent.
(Reporting By Sarah Morris; Writing by Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Nigel Davies)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling