T-Mobile USA, MetroPCS in talks over deal-sources
FRANKFURT/NEW YORK Oct 2 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile USA unit and MetroPCS are in advanced talks about a tie-up, two sources familiar with the situation said on Tuesday.
Deutsche Telekom declined to comment, while MetroPCS was not immediately available for comment.
Deutsche Telekom tried to sell its U.S. business T-Mobile USA, once a strong growth engine, to AT&T for $39 billion but fierce regulatory opposition scuppered the deal, leaving the German company with a $6 billion breakup package.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials