T-Mobile USA, MetroPCS in talks over deal-sources
FRANKFURT/NEW YORK Oct 2 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile USA unit and MetroPCS are in advanced talks about a tie-up, two sources familiar with the situation said on Tuesday.
Deutsche Telekom declined to comment, while MetroPCS was not immediately available for comment.
Deutsche Telekom tried to sell its U.S. business T-Mobile USA, once a strong growth engine, to AT&T for $39 billion but fierce regulatory opposition scuppered the deal, leaving the German company with a $6 billion breakup package.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote