Russia's Mechel swings to $823 mln net loss in Q2
MOSCOW Oct 2 (Reuters) - Russian steel and coal miner Mechel reported on Tuesday a surprise $823 million net loss for the second quarter of 2012, compared to a $192 million net profit as reported in the year-earlier period.
Stripping off impairment charges, the net loss amounted to $177 million, the company said in a statement.
Analysts expected Mechel to post a second-quarter net profit of $18 million.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade