Russia's Mechel swings to $823 mln net loss in Q2
MOSCOW Oct 2 (Reuters) - Russian steel and coal miner Mechel reported on Tuesday a surprise $823 million net loss for the second quarter of 2012, compared to a $192 million net profit as reported in the year-earlier period.
Stripping off impairment charges, the net loss amounted to $177 million, the company said in a statement.
Analysts expected Mechel to post a second-quarter net profit of $18 million.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |