Russia's Mechel swings to $823 mln net loss in Q2
MOSCOW Oct 2 (Reuters) - Russian steel and coal miner Mechel reported on Tuesday a surprise $823 million net loss for the second quarter of 2012, compared to a $192 million net profit as reported in the year-earlier period.
Stripping off impairment charges, the net loss amounted to $177 million, the company said in a statement.
Analysts expected Mechel to post a second-quarter net profit of $18 million.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data