MSCI CEO says ETF choice of index easier to change
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Exchange-traded funds may be able to change their underlying benchmark indexes more easily than previously thought, Henry Fernandez, chief executive of leading index provider MSCI Inc, said on Tuesday.
ETF managers' choice of indexes "may not be as sticky as we all thought," Fernandez said on a conference call with analysts.
The comment came after top index fund manager vanguard group said it was dumping MSCI from 22 of its funds.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |