MSCI CEO says ETF choice of index easier to change
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Exchange-traded funds may be able to change their underlying benchmark indexes more easily than previously thought, Henry Fernandez, chief executive of leading index provider MSCI Inc, said on Tuesday.
ETF managers' choice of indexes "may not be as sticky as we all thought," Fernandez said on a conference call with analysts.
The comment came after top index fund manager vanguard group said it was dumping MSCI from 22 of its funds.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media