MSCI CEO says ETF choice of index easier to change
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Exchange-traded funds may be able to change their underlying benchmark indexes more easily than previously thought, Henry Fernandez, chief executive of leading index provider MSCI Inc, said on Tuesday.
ETF managers' choice of indexes "may not be as sticky as we all thought," Fernandez said on a conference call with analysts.
The comment came after top index fund manager vanguard group said it was dumping MSCI from 22 of its funds.
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note