MSCI CEO says ETF choice of index easier to change
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Exchange-traded funds may be able to change their underlying benchmark indexes more easily than previously thought, Henry Fernandez, chief executive of leading index provider MSCI Inc, said on Tuesday.
ETF managers' choice of indexes "may not be as sticky as we all thought," Fernandez said on a conference call with analysts.
The comment came after top index fund manager vanguard group said it was dumping MSCI from 22 of its funds.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |