No Boeing 787 delivery until engine fault fixed - Qatar Airways
DOHA Oct 2 (Reuters) - Qatar Airways will not take delivery of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner until an engine defect is modified, the Gulf Arab carrier's chief executive said on Tuesday.
"The 787 has an engine with new technology. However, there has been a material defect in the engine which now needs replacement and inspection," Akbar Al Baker said after a speech in the Qatari capital.
"We have informed Boeing that we will not take delivery until the 787s have the new modified shaft."
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters