Fitch downgrades Milwaukee bonds one notch to AA
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Tuesday downgraded its ratings on Milwaukee, Wisconsin's various unlimited tax general obligation bonds to AA from AA-plus and revised its ratings outlook on the city, Wisconsin's largest, to stable from negative.
"The one-notch rating downgrade reflects the city's highly restrictive revenue environment, lingering economic stress and reserve levels that are below-average for the rating category," Fitch said in a report.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government