Fitch downgrades Milwaukee bonds one notch to AA
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Tuesday downgraded its ratings on Milwaukee, Wisconsin's various unlimited tax general obligation bonds to AA from AA-plus and revised its ratings outlook on the city, Wisconsin's largest, to stable from negative.
"The one-notch rating downgrade reflects the city's highly restrictive revenue environment, lingering economic stress and reserve levels that are below-average for the rating category," Fitch said in a report.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |