3M drops plan to buy Avery-Dennison's office products business
Oct 3 (Reuters) - 3M Co said it terminated its deal to buy Avery-Dennison Corp's office and consumer products business.
The U.S. Justice Department had in September threatened a lawsuit to block the $550 million deal over antitrust concerns.
Separately, Avery-Dennison said it will continue to pursue a sale of the business.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |