- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Man linked to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI in Florida
EBA says wants 9 pct capital ratio for EU banks
LONDON Oct 3 (Reuters) - The European Banking Authority said on Wednesday that lenders across the European Union will have to maintain a capital buffer equivalent to 9 percent of their risk-weighted assets indefinitely.
In its final report on the recapitalisation of 71 European banks, commonly known as "stress tests", the watchdog said banks had raised 205 billion euros in fresh capital in the year to June to help withstand the euro zone's sovereign debt crisis.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this