Britvic, A.G. Barr get "put up or shut up" extension in merger talks
Oct 3 (Reuters) - British soft drinks group Britvic and Irn-Bru maker AG Barr said the takeover panel had agreed to extend "the put up or shut up" deadline on their 1.3 billion pound ($2.10 billion) merger.
The deadline, which was due to expire on Wednesday, has now been extended to Oct. 31.
Britvic and A.G. Barr sought an extension to consider the various aspects of the possible all-share merger, the companies said in a statement.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'