CANADA STOCKS-TSX flat after mixed economic data
TORONTO Oct 3 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed in early trade on Wednesday, as better-than-expected U.S. private sector jobs data and a conviction that Spain will eventually request financial aid was offset by signs the global economic slowdown may be worsening.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index turned negative shortly after the start, falling 2.49 points to 12,388.74.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales