Egypt PM says IMF team to visit in last week of October
CAIRO Oct 3 (Reuters) - Egypt's prime minister said on Wednesday that an International Monetary Fund team will come to Cairo in the last week of October to resume negotiations on a loan sought by Egypt.
Egypt has been negotiating a $4.8 billion loan from the fund, but has indicated it may seek to increase that amount.
An Egyptian delegation will hold talks with the fund during the annual IMF and World Bank conference in Tokyo on Oct. 9-14 to prepare for the Cairo visit, Prime Minister Hisham Kandil said at his weekly news conference.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media