RPT-Qatar bourse names Al-Mansoori CEO, replacing Went
DOHA Oct 3 (Reuters) - Rashid Bin Ali al-Mansoori has been named the new chief executive officer of Qatar Exchange (QE), the bourse said on Wednesday, replacing Andre Went who will now work with the firm as a strategic advisor.
Mansoori, who is currently the deputy chief executive of the bourse, has previously worked with Qatar Investment Authority, the Gulf state's sovereign wealth fund, a statement from Qatar Exchange said on Wednesday.
"The appointment of Al-Mansoori....comes in line with the general policy of the State of Qatar of appointing highly-qualified Qataris in leading positions in government and semi government institutions," Ali al-Abdulla, acting chairman of the exchange's board said in the statement.
Went had joined the exchange in 2009 as part of a strategic partnership with NYSE Euronext.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets