Dollar hits day's peak vs yen after US ADP jobs report
NEW YORK Oct 3 (Reuters) - The dollar hit session highs against the yen on Wednesday after data showed the U.S. economy created more private-sector jobs than expected last month.
The U.S. ADP report showed new private-sector jobs increased by 162,000 in September, higher than market forecasts of 143,000..
The dollar rose to the day's high at 78.43 yen from 78.30 just before. The euro trimmed losses to trade at $1.2908 , down just 0.1 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |