Dollar hits day's peak vs yen after US ADP jobs report
NEW YORK Oct 3 (Reuters) - The dollar hit session highs against the yen on Wednesday after data showed the U.S. economy created more private-sector jobs than expected last month.
The U.S. ADP report showed new private-sector jobs increased by 162,000 in September, higher than market forecasts of 143,000..
The dollar rose to the day's high at 78.43 yen from 78.30 just before. The euro trimmed losses to trade at $1.2908 , down just 0.1 percent.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data