Dollar hits day's peak vs yen after US ADP jobs report
NEW YORK Oct 3 (Reuters) - The dollar hit session highs against the yen on Wednesday after data showed the U.S. economy created more private-sector jobs than expected last month.
The U.S. ADP report showed new private-sector jobs increased by 162,000 in September, higher than market forecasts of 143,000..
The dollar rose to the day's high at 78.43 yen from 78.30 just before. The euro trimmed losses to trade at $1.2908 , down just 0.1 percent.
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter